This week in addition to the eternal question of what everyone is playing this weekend, we've asked the staff the almost-as-eternal question of cake or pie
- Amy Schley (@wowlawbringer): Still Bar studying, though my grandparents are in town too. Counting the days until I can log back in ... Azeroth, how I miss thee!
- Basil Berntsen (@outdps): I'm going to be celebrating my birfday this weekend! So the answer to my question is, naturally, cake. Normally it would be pie, but you've caught me at a time in my life where I just can't justify a pie vote. Even though flaky crust > icing and blueberry > chocolate.
- Chase Christian (@madsushi): I will be pushing F5 every 15 minutes on Battle.net, waiting for a beta invitation. Other than that, my guild is going to work on Kingslayer for our alts, and possibly our first ICC25 now that we've completed all of the 10m content. Cake is superior in every way, and German Chocolate Cake is the highest form of cake.
- Christian Belt (@ihatewarlocks): My wife and I are playing the "when will the baby decide to be born" game, which is one of those games that isn't actually all that fun, especially when your wife is on bed-rest during the last part of it. I hear the part when you win the game is worth sticking around for, though. Oh, and pie. Always pie. Any pie.
- Daniel Whitcomb (@danielwhitcomb): Loremaster continues to be slower going than I hoped, but I'm slogging along. Also, I'll pretty much choose cake every time, especially a good moist chocolate cake with chocolate frosting. That said, fresh (and I mean fresh) Apple Pie A La Mode with a flaky crust, served warm, will still get me going.
- Dawn Moore (@dawnwow): This weekend I'll be without WoW again while my computer continues to be broken. However, the thought of cake makes me feel better. The best cake is the double chocolate cake at Pambiche in Portland, Oregon. There is rum in it.
- Elizabeth Harper (@faience): I am terribly behind on playing Faience for Choose My Adventure. Maybe I'll find some time to catch up this weekend? Or maybe I'll just obsess over this cake versus pie question. With some delicious cake.
- Gregg Reece: I actually think I'm pretty much free this weekend which is a first for quite some time. I'll be raiding Sunday as per usual, but all in all, I think I'm going to relax and muck around the house most of the weekend. I might even have some pecan pie which is far superior to cake.
- Joe Perez (@Lodurzj): Hitting the beta hard, much to do, and so little time to do it in. I transferred over a premade orc shaman to satisfy my curiosity as to how the other side is living right now. He is aptly named Orcshaman. Clever I know, but I have this strange feeling whenever I log into him. I think.. I think I am starting to grow fond of having green skin... Other than Cataclysm, I am hoping that the girlfriend and I can get some time in on War For Cybertron multiplayer. If I have time I'm also going to help her finish leveling her shaman to 80 and then drag her through all sorts of randoms for badges. Should be a good fun WoW filled weekend with some robots thrown in for good measure!
- Kelly Aarons (@Cadistra): New harddrive! New OS! Update! Got a lot done in WoW this week (being sick gives you that kind of time), so I hope to continue that streak. Let's see if I can top off at getting three mounts this week... For the rest of the weekend? Site stuff and live Shakespearean plays. My favourite is cheesecake. Specifically, Trees Organic Cheesecake in downtown Vancouver. Any flavor will do, I assure you.
- Matt Low (@matticus): Been playing some Red Faction: Guerilla lately. Hopefully I can clear out another sector or two. Also getting ready for my trip to Moto GP next week down in California's Laguna Seca. For the WoW side of things, we're chilling at 7/12 hard modes in ICC 25. I just can't seem to find any free agent mages or holy paladins around anywhere. Therefore, during what little spare time I have, it's back to headhunting over the weekend.
- Mathew McCurley (@gomatgo): We've got a WoW NYC meetup on Friday, writing on Saturday and out all Sunday. Busy busy busy.
- Matt Sampson (@binkenstein): Betabetabetabetabeta. By the way, I have beta access now. Work is still busy, new talents require math to be done, and in the question of Cake vs Pie, the correct answer is Pake (it's pie crust with cake filling).
- Michael Gray (@writegray): I might swing by and give the ol' Lich King a little belf-lovin' tonight, before spending the rest of the weekend playing in drywall. Also, totally hitting up Bender's in Sharpsburg, MD. (It's become a favorite hang out of mine.)
- Rich Maloy (@stoneybaby): Nothing special this weekend. Quality time with the girlfriend, raids, sun, beer, the usual. I am shopping for a used bike to get out and get some exercise around town so I'll be trolling craigslist for a bit between now and Sunday. Cake. Specifically Magnolia Bakery cupcakes.
- Robin Torres (@cosmiclaurel): /yell Apartment hunting is stressful! I refuse to choose between cake and pie!
The weekend is the perfect time to kick back, relax and enjoy some game time. Are you an achievement junkie? Can't get enough raiding? Rolling a new alt? Considering taking the leap into roleplaying? Whatever your favorite way to play World of Warcraft, let us know in the comments what you're playing this weekend!