The group includes Dueling Gentlemen from Odd Gentlemen (Misadventures of P.B. Winterbottom) which, as its title suggests, will see Home inhabitants squaring off one-on-one in a classic battle of honor. The hook: Duels will take place live on stage in Home's Central Plaza. Addiitonally, Lazy 8 Studios is bringing its unique 3D puzzler Cogs to Home as a Central Plaza spectacle, complete with multiplayer.
Super Awesome Mountain RPG -- a board game/RPG mash-up from Codename itself -- and Minor Battle, Peanut Gallery's Indiecade award-winning, team-based platformer round out what we here at Joystiq HQ are calling "The Most Excited We've Been About Home in Forever Collection." The official announcement is posted after the break.
Codename will introduce a series of new games to the PlayStation Home community. Designed by a mix of fan-favorite, die-hard experimental and undiscovered first-time developers, these games will further solidify PlayStation Home's place as a leading social game platform. Each game will provide unique experiences for users, allowing them to share, interact and communicate with new and existing friends across PlayStation Home.
Codename will introduce the following titles for PlayStation Home over the course of the next several months:
· Dueling Gentlemen, created by Odd Gentleman, players strategize the right moves on a giant stage in Home's Plaza, to outsmart opponents and win this old-time battle for honor and prestige.
· Minor Battle, created by Peanut Gallery, winner of the IndieCade 2010 Audience Award, a team-based game where two teams run around a cube of four screens to beat each other in a capture-the-flag style platformer.
· Super Awesome Mountain RPG, created by Codename, a blend of tabletop board games and fantasy RPGs, where players ascend a fantastical mountain in Home's Central Plaza using a custom animated figurine.
· Cogs in 3D multiplayer, a multiplayer version of Lazy8's diabolically clever Steampunk-style game, this gear-based puzzler will also be a dynamic public spectacle in Home's Central Plaza.
"We're thrilled to be partnering with PlayStation Home to create and develop games that step outside the parameters of traditional game development and we're really looking forward to the creative opportunities that lie ahead," said Founding Codename Partner Jesse Vigil. "Our model of pulling together teams of developers and allowing them to make their creative dreams a reality has only one main tenet -- any game created for PlayStation Home is graphically and visually entertaining to both play and watch, at the same time."
With over 14 million PlayStation Home users worldwide, the community is ripe for new and entertaining games. PlayStation Home's venture with Codename comes at a critical point in its lifecycle and will serve a key role in extending the social gaming experience for PlayStation Home users, while attracting new users with never-before seen experiences.
Today, PlayStation Home offers gamers more than 100 ready-to-play games, over 50 discreet public and private spaces to experience, and over 5,600 virtual items to collect, with new store fronts available from LucasArts, Lockwood, Loot, Activision and Disney. Additionally, more than 400 community events have been held in PlayStation Home since its launch, many organized by the PlayStation Home community.
- Key specs
- Game format Optical disc, Downloadable
- Online features Multiplayer, Voice chat, Video chat, Store, Browser
- Drive capacity 250 GB
- Controller type Wired, Wireless
- Motion controls Accelerometer, Gyroscopic
- Video outputs HDMI (v1.3), RCA / composite
- Released 2012-09-25