Happy Tuesday morning, everyone. The big news this week has the been the beta test of the new patch process and launcher, which allows you to play even when your patch is only partially done. I've tried it out myself, and I must say, it's quite a feeling logging into Acherus to see nothing but the Eastern Plaguelands spread out below you for miles as the hold itself shifts into being around you. It's sort of crazy. Still, I imagine most of the time I'll just wait for the download to finish.
There is, of course, plenty of other news to catch up on. If you're waiting out this morning's rolling restarts, why not check and see if you missed anything from the past few days? Our usual roundup awaits after the break.
Hot news and features
- Blizzard still expects Cataclysm to come out in 2010.
- The Battle for Undercity is being removed in Cataclysm. It's an amazing little quest event, so be sure to check it out while you still have time.
- Spoilers ahoy! We have footage of a pretty epic badlands quest called "The Day That Deathwing Came."
- Even more spoilers abound as we take a look at the new Deepholm zone in Cataclysm.
- Major spoilers: There are faction traitors in our midst in Cataclysm.
- We also have a look at the changes to Darkshore coming with Cataclysm.
- There's yet another cute new pet in the latest Cataclysm beta data files.
- Blizzard has an interview with the designers of the new Southern Barrens zone.
- Ghostcrawler opines on bloat and choice in talent trees.
- Ghostcrawler has a few things to say about the future of totems.
- Lichborne is testing out the new unholy tree while leveling in Hyjal.
- Totem Talk has more restoration beta chatter and enhancement beta chatter, and talks about elemental spells in Cataclysm.
- Shifting Perspectives has answers to beta questions you didn't ask, as well as some balance questions you did ask.
- Spiritual Guidance tries out newbie shadow priesting in Cataclysm and Cataclysm priest leveling in general.
- Encrypted Text explores the beta from a roguely perspective.
- Arcane Brilliance has beta impressions from a mage point of view.
- The Light And How To Swing It takes a look at the latest retribution talent changes in Cataclysm and goes hands-on with holy power in the beta.
- Blood Pact discusses the latest beta demonology changes.
- Scattered Shots has a collection of Cataclysm hunter videos.
- The Care and Feeding of Warriors gives the fury tree its Wrath report card.
- Gold Capped discusses making friends with farmers.
- WoW Rookie helps you complete Loremaster.
- The OverAchiever continues its countdown of the most entertaining achievements in WoW.
- Raid Rx looks at the differences between healing gear and DPS gear.
- The Art of War(craft) looks at low-level PvP in Cataclysm.
- Head out on the road with the Northrend truckers!
- Blizzard's patrolling Moon Guard to guard against public erotic roleplay.
- Cory Doctorow talks with us in 15 Minutes Of Fame.
World of Warcraft: Cataclysm will destroy Azeroth as we know it. Nothing will be the same. In WoW.com's Guide to Cataclysm, you can find out everything you need to know about WoW's third expansion. From goblins and worgen to mastery and guild changes, it's all here for your cataclysmic enjoyment.