Seattle will also be holding a major launch event. The Experience Music Project / Science Fiction Museum and Hall of Fame will host folks from both Bungie and 343 Industries, as well as a chance to compete in tournaments and win "coveted Halo prizes." Will you finally get that real-life plasma sword? We certainly hope not. That's dangerous!
As expected, US game retailers (from GameStop to Walmart) will be holding midnight launch events across the country, though we suggest you check with your local retail outlet before lining up next Monday night. A week's worth of Xbox Live-based activities -- named "Invasion Week" -- are also planned, which you can find detailed after the break.
Invasion Week Activities & Programs:
- Connect to Xbox Live and receive a free Halo: Reach Invasion Week theme
- Game with Developer: Bungie will play with fans on Thursday, September 16 from 5–7PM ET in the US; and Friday, September 17 from 8–10PM BST in the UK
- Play & Win: Play Halo: Reach any time during Invasion Week and you will be entered to win tickets to the upcoming UFC 122 Fight
- Community Events: Themed nights hosted by the community team to play Halo: Reach, including Co-op Night, Xbox All Nighter and Community Playdate
- Key specs
- Reviews • 90
- Game format Optical disc, Downloadable
- Online features Multiplayer, Voice chat, Video chat, Store, Browser
- Drive capacity 500 GB
- Controller type Wired, Wireless
- Motion controls Camera / optical
- Video outputs HDMI
- Released 2013-11-22