Of course, Bewkes is assuming that people will watch cable reruns rather than Netflix or other streaming services, which are already offered. By the time he comes around to singing Apple's tune, that syndication market worth "hundreds of millions of dollars" might not be doing so well.
But Bewkes is holding his ground -- he says that before he makes a deal with a provider like Apple, it'll have to bring something new to the table: "These new entrants must meet a few criteria: They must provide consumers with a superior TV experience, and they must either support or improve the overall economics that funds and creates the programming in the first place." That's a lot of "musts." Bewkes may spend too much time looking for his own perfect solution before Apple's setup passes him by.
- Key specs
- Reviews • 112
- Type Audio / video player
- Video services iTunes, Netflix, YouTube, Other
- Audio services iTunes
- Video codec support h.264 / AVC, Motion JPEG, MPEG-4, Quicktime
- Audio codec support AAC, MP3, WAV
- Video outputs HDMI (1 outputs)
- Audio outputs via HDMI, TOSLINK (optical)
- Released 2012-03-16
Apple iPhone 6