Speaking of condensing things down, Casey begins with Lord of the Rings Online's recent financial success as the game has tripled revenues since going free-to-play. He then jumps on the bandwagon by promoting The MMO Report: Premium Section for the low, low price of $8.99 a month.
Next up is the news of Funcom's deal with EA Partners to co-publish The Secret World, a deal which he considers a win/win for the two companies. And although Casey doesn't bubble with enthusiasm for DC Universe Online, he at least grudgingly gives the new title props for being the first game to launch simultaneously on the PC and PS3.
For more word on RIFT, World of Warcraft: Cataclysm and more, hit the jump to watch The MMO Report -- and don't forget to tune in every Thursday over at G4TV.com.
- Key specs
- Game format Optical disc, Downloadable
- Online features Multiplayer, Voice chat, Video chat, Store, Browser
- Drive capacity 250 GB
- Controller type Wired, Wireless
- Motion controls Accelerometer, Gyroscopic
- Video outputs HDMI (v1.3), RCA / composite
- Released 2012-09-25
Oculus VR Rift (development kit)