Recognizing the power and influence of our great El Presidente, more superpowers will open themselves up to diplomacy in Tropico 4. El Presidente has also announced he will be employing new ministers, who will help him shape this great nation through liberating policies. So, we say again: rejoice! (Not like you have a choice.)
Ridgewood, NJ, February 1, 2011 - Kalypso Media USA, Inc. is pleased to announce that Tropico 4 is officially slated for release on the Xbox 360® videogame and entertainment system from Microsoft in addition to Windows PC in Q2 2011. Tropico 4 is the latest game in the wildly successful, award-winning Tropico series of city building/strategy games that put players in the (jack) boots of El Presidente, the iron-fisted ruler of the small island nation of Tropico. Tropico 4 for Xbox 360 and Windows PC will feature new missions, maps, buildings, enhancements to the political and economic systems and much more.
Tropico 4 sees you return as El Presidente, the tyrannical (or benevolent) dictator of the island paradise of Tropico. The world is changing and Tropico is moving with the times – geographical powers rise and fall and the world market is dominated by new players with new demands and offers -- and you, as El Presidente, face a whole new set of challenges. If you are to triumph over your naysayers you will need to gain as much support from your people as possible. Your decisions will shape the future of your nation, and more importantly, the size of your off-shore bank account.
Tropico 4 expands on the gameplay of the previous game with new political additions – including more superpowers to negotiate with, along with the ability to elect ministers into power to help get your more controversial policies passed. But remember to keep your friends close and your enemies closer as everyone has an agenda! Your political mettle will be thoroughly tested, as new natural disasters will have the populace clamoring for you and your cabinet to help them recover from some of the worst Mother Nature can dish out.
Tropico 4 also brings a new level of social interaction with the addition of Facebook and Twitter integration (Windows PC version only). Post comments on Twitter direct from the game and have updates go out when you complete missions or unlock new achievements. You can even take screenshots of your burgeoning island and post your dream creation on your Tropico 4 Facebook page and compare your interactive Dictator Ranking on the online leaderboards.
* New campaign – Face 20 new challenging missions across 10 entirely new maps
* Build Your Vision of Island Perfection – Not only are the graphics enhanced, but 20 new buildings including the stock exchange, shopping mall, aqua park and a mausoleum for El Presidente allow you to craft your perfect balance of beauty and economic efficiency
* State of Emergency - Six new interactive disasters including volcanoes, droughts and tornadoes prove that Mother Nature can be a tougher adversaries than opponents bent on your political ouster
* Council of Ministers - Appoint selected citizens to ministerial posts to help push through and enact your more controversial decisions and edicts
* National Agenda – Receive objectives from Tropican factions, foreign geopolitical powers or opportunities relating to current island events that can further or hamper your dictatorial ambitions
* Facebook and Twitter integration – Post live Tweets directly from the game or create posts automatically upon completion of missions, unlocking achievements, etc. Store and display achievements and screenshots of your ultimate island empire on facebook and compare your Dictator Rankings against others online (Windows PC only feature)
Tropico 4 is currently in development by Haemimont Games and is scheduled for release in Q2 2011. For more information please visit www.kalypsomedia.com
- Key specs
- Reviews • 93
- Game format Optical disc, Downloadable
- Online features Multiplayer, Voice chat, Video chat, Store, Browser
- Drive capacity 500 GB
- Controller type Wired, Wireless
- Motion controls Camera / optical
- Video outputs HDMI
- Released 2013-11-22