Using a proprietary aerospace polymer in the frame, the Vapor Pro case has been designed in such a way to eliminate detuning of the iPhone 4's antenna, also known as the "grip of death." As with the all-aluminum Vapor case, the Vapor Pro is bundled with a machined installation tool. The first offering of the case will feature a special FE "First Edition" symbol, a removable carbon fiber back plate and a zipper case for those rare times you want your iPhone 4 to go naked.
The Vapor Pro FE is also coming with a special two-tone electrolytic hard coat finish that is much more resistant to abrasion than anodized metal. The initial version is only for the AT&T (GSM) model of the iPhone 4, while a Verizon (CDMA) edition is in production and will be available soon. Once the Vapor Pro FE is sold out, a variety of optional back plates in different finishes and colors are expected, with pricing to be announced later.
The Vapor Pro has wider access ports at the top and bottom than the Vapor case, and the fastening bolts are now located on opposite corners of the phone. The SIM card slot is perforated and features unique accents.
We're going to be giving away a Element Case Vapor Pro FE to one lucky TUAW reader. To enter, just leave a comment below telling us what you'd like to protect your iPhone 4 from with an Element Case Vapor Pro FE. We'll randomly pick one winner soon.
Here are the rules for the giveaway:
- Open to legal US residents of the 50 United States, the District of Columbia and Canada (excluding Quebec) who are 18 and older.
- To enter, leave a comment telling us what you'd like to protect your iPhone 4 from with an Element Case Vapor Pro FE.
- The comment must be left before Friday, February 25, 2011 11:59 PM Eastern Standard Time.
- You may enter only once.
- One winner will be selected and will receive an Element Case Vapor Pro FE valued at $149.99.
- Click Here for complete Official Rules.
Good luck! If you're not feeling lucky or would like to check out more details of the Vapor Pro FE, visit the web page for the case after midnight PST tonight or buy one (also after midnight PST) at the Element Case Store.