Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City, a collaboration between Capcom and Vancouver based studio Slant 6 Games, is scheduled for release this Winter. This latest offering will take the series in a completely new direction and offer a style of gameplay yet to be seen from the franchise.
Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City delivers a true third person team based shooter experience set within the dark and sinister Resident Evil universe. The setting of the Resident Evil universe not only provides a rich backdrop to the action but delivers a unique and thrilling triple threat battle. Zombies and Bio-Organic Weapons (B.O.W's) add to the mix as players not only compete against their team's opposing squad but also tackle this third unpredictable element that could only exist in the twisted Resident Evil universe, creating a brand new style of gameplay and breaking the conventions of traditional team based shooters.
It is September 1998 and the action centers on the ill-fated Raccoon City and the horrific consequences of the deadly T-virus outbreak. With a cover up required, Umbrella orders an elite team into Raccoon City to destroy all evidence of the outbreak and eliminate any survivors. Meanwhile the US Government has quarantined the city and dispatched its own team of elite soldiers to determine the source of the mysterious outbreak. Players take on the role of an Umbrella Security Service soldier (U.S.S.), competing alone or in up to four player co-op in a battle against all the competing forces at play in Raccoon City.
- Team based shooter set in the dark and sinister Resident Evil universe.
- Triple threat battle as zombies and B.O.W's add to the action.
- Compete alone in Campaign mode as an umbrella Security Service member or in a four player co-op team battle.
- Rewrite the history of the Raccoon City outbreak. Revisit classic moments from Resident Evil 2 and Resident Evil 3 and watch events unfold from the perspective of the Umbrella Security Service.
- Return of favorite RE enemies, iconic landmarks and characters, including Leon S. Kennedy who is on your hit list to eliminate.
- Competitive online multiplayer modes provide a unique gaming experience thanks to the three corner combat between the umbrella Security Service, US Special ops and threat of zombies and B.O.W's.
- Key specs
- Reviews • 18
- Game format Optical disc, Downloadable
- Online features Multiplayer, Voice chat, Video chat, Store, Browser
- Drive capacity 250 GB
- Controller type Wired, Wireless
- Motion controls Accelerometer, Gyroscopic
- Video outputs HDMI (v1.3), RCA / composite
- Released 2012-09-25
Microsoft Xbox One