But in the interest of clarity, we should note: This Cannes award isn't for the prestigious Cannes International Film Festival; rather, it's for the Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity, a "global meeting place for creative professionals in the communications industry." Yeah, it's an advertising award, not a film award, but that's okay – it is an ad, after all, and the Cannes event is a major focal point in the ad world.
The Axis Animation-developed short won a Gold prize for Internet Film, alongside massive brands like Google and Skittles. Not bad for a zombie game by an unsung Polish developer, Techland, and a relatively unknown publisher, Deep Silver.
- Key specs
- Game format Optical disc, Downloadable
- Online features Multiplayer, Voice chat, Video chat, Store, Browser
- Drive capacity 250 GB
- Controller type Wired, Wireless
- Motion controls Accelerometer, Gyroscopic
- Video outputs HDMI (v1.3), RCA / composite
- Released 2012-09-25
Microsoft Xbox One