As boys turn to men, we know it's hard to say goodbye to yesterday, but time marches on and Electronic Arts has server power bills it's no longer keen on paying. EA has decided to shut down online functionality for several titles, including Army of Two, Battlefield 2: Modern Combat and Need for Speed: Most Wanted, as of August 11.

EA's explanation is that games being shut down represent "fewer than 1% of all peak online players across all EA titles," and that its server teams would rather "focus on keeping a positive experience for the other 99% of customers playing our more popular games." Find the list of titles being disconnected from the internet after the break.
August 11, 2011 online service shutdown:
  • ARMY OF TWO for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360
  • ARMY OF TWO Demo for Xbox 360
  • Battlefield 2142 Demo for PC
  • Battlefield 2: Modern Combat for Xbox 360
  • Battlefield 2: Modern Combat Demo for Xbox 360
  • Medal of Honor Airborne for PlayStation Portable
  • Medal of Honor Heroes 2 for PlayStation Portable and Wii
  • NASCAR 09 for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 (North America)
  • NCAA Basketball 10 for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360
  • NCAA Football 10 for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360
  • Need for Speed Most Wanted for PC and Xbox 360
  • Need for Speed Undercover for PlayStation Portable;
  • SKATE for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360
  • Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 10 for PlayStation Portable, PlayStation 3, Xbox 360 and Wii
  • Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 11 Demo for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360
October 1, 2011 online service shutdown:
  • Madden NFL 10 for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360
  • NHL 10 for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360
[Note: Yes, that image is from Boyz 2 Men's "It's So Hard to Say Goodbye to Yesterday." Deal with it.]

This article was originally published on Joystiq.