Atlus explained to us earlier this week that the company couldn't announce Catherine's European plans until it locked down a European publisher. The one thing missing from today's announcement is a launch window, something we hope to get during Europe's Gamescom convention, which is just a few weeks away.
Publisher Deep Silver closes a publishing agreement for action-adventure/puzzle game Catherine with ATLUS
22nd July, 2011 – Hampshire, UK/... Deep Silver today announced the closing of a publishing agreement with publisher ATLUS for Catherine, their new action-adventure/puzzle mix. Under this contract Deep Silver has gained the publishing rights for all PAL territories.
"We are very proud to be able to publish Catherine in all PAL territories as a Deep Silver game", says Klemens Kundratitz, CEO of Deep Silver. "Catherine is something new, fresh and exciting; unlike anything else in the gaming world – a unique mixture of genres. This agreement proves once again that games published under the Deep Silver label are not 'more of the same', 'run of the mill' productions."
"ATLUS is very pleased to collaborate with an experienced, passionate publisher like Deep Silver for the release of Catherine in Europe," stated Shinichi Suzuki, President and CEO of ATLUS/Index Digital Media, Inc.. "Like us, they are dedicated to releasing interesting, unique entertainment content for their fans. They share our belief that Catherine's unprecedented exploration of the psychology and horrors of commitment and relationships, its breathtaking visual design, and its frantic action-adventure/puzzle gameplay make for a thought-provoking, entertaining experience that cannot be missed."
Catherine from Atlus and Deep Silver will be released in PAL territories for multiplatform consoles. Catherine will feature localised text in French, Italian, German and Spanish.
Vincent likes his girlfriend. Katherine's pretty, smart, and successful. Trouble is, she's starting to talk about long-term commitment, something Vincent's spent his entire life avoiding. Since romantic complications are the last thing he wants to deal with, Vincent meets his friends for their regular night of drinks. Little does he know that he's about to be blindsided by a beautiful, seductive, irresistible freight train named Catherine. Suddenly, he's hung over in bed next to the most beautiful woman he's ever seen, unsure about the previous night's events. Was it just making out, he wonders, or did something more serious happen between them? Should he tell Katherine? Will he ever see Catherine again? Vincent's about to find that a stumble on the staircase of love can turn into a horrific, fatal plummet...
· The Horrors of Love - Vincent's waking fears, doubts, pressures, and growing guilt about commitment and fidelity now gleefully follow him into his dreams, manifesting as horribly disfigured monsters and a ticking clock.
· Between a Rock and a Soft Place - The player must navigate Vincent through heavy moral decisions. As in real life, hardly anything is black and white. What is the value of honesty? What is the right thing to do? Either way, someone's going to get hurt. Worse yet, someone could die.
· The Nightmare of Your Dreams - Under the watch of producer Katsura Hashino, acclaimed director of Persona 3 and Persona 4, famed character artist Shigenori Soejima and master composer Shoji Meguro create sights and sounds unlike anything else. As unforgettable and original as the game's narrative, Catherine's visual direction and musical score define and perfectly complement Vincent's terrifying ascent into the dizzying perils of love.
· Escape With or From a Friend - Local competitive and cooperative multiplayer modes, in addition to leaderboards, ensure that the many thrills and horrors of racing through twisted stages can be enjoyed by more than one player and add hours of extra gameplay to the overall experience.
About Deep Silver
Deep Silver develops and distributes interactive games for all platforms. The Deep Silver label means to captivate all gamers who have a passion for thrilling gameplay in exciting game worlds. Deep Silver works with its partners to achieve a maximum of success while maintaining the highest possible quality, always focusing on what the customer desires. Deep Silver products are designed to equally appeal to pros and beginners, children and adults.
Deep Silver has published more than 100 games since 2003, including the Chernobyl shooter S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Clear Sky and Prison Break: The Conspiracy, the action adventure based on the popular TV series, plus own brands like the action role-playing game Sacred 2: Fallen Angel, successful adventures such as the Secret Files series and Lost Horizon, the Horse Life series of horse simulations, and the role-playing game Risen. Deep Silver has announced more upcoming highlights such as Dead Island, the worldwide highly anticipated zombie slasher / action RPG and Risen 2, the sequel to the hit RPG. For more information please visit www.deepsilver.com
Koch Media is a leading producer and distributor of digital entertainment products (software, games and films). The company's own publishing activities, marketing and distribution extend throughout Europe and the USA. The Koch Media group has more than 15 years of experience in the digital media distribution business, and has risen to become the number one distributor in Europe. It has also formed strategic alliances with numerous games and software publishers: Capcom, Codemasters, Kaspersky Labs, Paradox Entertainment, Square Enix, Tecmo-Koei, and System 3 etc. in various European countries. With Headquarters in Planegg near Munich/Germany, Koch Media owns branches in Germany, England, France, Austria, Switzerland, Italy, Spain, the Nordic regions, Benelux and the USA. www.kochmedia.com
Video game publisher ATLUS has established itself as one of its industry's most consistent, celebrated companies. With proven success across a variety of genres and platforms, including enthusiast-oriented games like the Shin Megami Tensei franchise of award-winning, fan beloved roleplaying games (including the hit Persona sub-series of games and the prestigious Nocturne) and Demon's Souls, ATLUS provides quality critically acclaimed interactive entertainment to a wide spectrum of customers.
ATLUS has published games for every major video game console and handheld system, including the PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system, Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, Wii™, DS™, PSP® (PlayStation® Portable), and PC.
ATLUS is a brand of Index Corporation and its privately held subsidiary Index Digital Media, Inc.
# # #
- Key specs
- Reviews • 18
- Game format Optical disc, Downloadable
- Online features Multiplayer, Voice chat, Video chat, Store, Browser
- Drive capacity 250 GB
- Controller type Wired, Wireless
- Motion controls Accelerometer, Gyroscopic
- Video outputs HDMI (v1.3), RCA / composite
- Released 2012-09-25
Microsoft Xbox One