Players will be able to create their own characters, within five races: dwarf, elf, ogre, "weddy" (blue, aquatic-looking creatures) and "pukuripo" (cute little robed creatures). Humans were also seen in the trailer, but there are no humans in this screenshot. That and the subtitle, roughly translated to "Awakening of the Five Tribes," suggest that humans won't be the focus.
A small news post at the Dragon Quest site, as discovered by Andriasang, includes "usage fee: TBA" among the specifications. Square Enix may, then, be planning to charge a monthly fee for the online play. Or it could still be in the process of deciding whether it's worth it to charge for an online Wii game -- something that's already an uphill battle, even for the vaunted Dragon Quest series.
- Key specs
- Reviews • 329
- Game format Optical disc, Downloadable
- Online features Multiplayer, Voice chat, Store, Browser
- Drive capacity 512 MB
- Controller type Wired, Wireless
- Motion controls Accelerometer, Camera / optical
- Video outputs Component, RCA / composite, S-Video
- Weight 2.65 lb
- Released 2006-11-19
Nintendo Wii U