"The good news with the PS3 version of Shadow of the Colossus is that the performance is much more consistent, with none of the sudden lurches between 30, 20 and 15 frames per second that characterized the PS2 original," the site notes. "Both Ico and Colossus on PS3 run at 30 frames per second ... and while we might have hoped for a locked 60FPS, quite why Ico can't hit that target is a bit of a mystery, the final code that Bluepoint Games has handed in ticks pretty much every box that Ico and Shadow of the Colossus fans would want."
Head on over to Eurogamer for the comparison videos for ICO and the full 13-minute Shadow of the Colossus opening.
- Key specs
- Reviews • 18
- Game format Optical disc, Downloadable
- Online features Multiplayer, Voice chat, Video chat, Store, Browser
- Drive capacity 250 GB
- Controller type Wired, Wireless
- Motion controls Accelerometer, Gyroscopic
- Video outputs HDMI (v1.3), RCA / composite
- Released 2012-09-25