The revision is a slight increase in net sales, from ¥56 billion ($718 million) to ¥57 billion ($730 million), and a whopping 146.7% increase in net income. These increases come thanks to the success of Deus Ex: Human Revolution and "increased billing revenue" from web, social, and mobile games.
Thanks to the unusually strong yen, Square Enix had the misfortune of marking an additional "foreign exchange loss" of ¥2.1 billion ($27 million). That's a lot of money to just have disappear.
Update: Square has posted its official results and the predictions, unsurprisingly, were right on the money. Net sales reached ¥57.5 billion and net income of ¥3.7 billion ($47.4 million).
- Key specs
- Game format Optical disc, Downloadable
- Online features Multiplayer, Voice chat, Video chat, Store, Browser
- Drive capacity 250 GB
- Controller type Wired, Wireless
- Motion controls Accelerometer, Gyroscopic
- Video outputs HDMI (v1.3), RCA / composite
- Released 2012-09-25
Microsoft Xbox One