For the Wii U, the Nintendo Network will support multiple personal user accounts per system, finally ending Nintendo's insistence on tying software purchases to a single system.
The Network may also entail digital sales of retail 3DS games. "This concept was built into the design of the Nintendo 3DS, and we already have the necessary infrastructure," Iwata said. "We will prepare the same infrastructure for the Wii U. However, we have not decided the concrete timing of when we will start it."
- Key specs
- Reviews • 104
- Game format Downloadable, Cartridge
- Screen size 3.53 inches
- Online features Multiplayer, Store, Browser
- Direction control D-pad, Thumb stick (1)
- Motion controls Accelerometer, Camera / optical
- Dimensions 0.8 x 5.3 x 2.9 in
- Weight 8 oz
- Released 2011-03-27
Nintendo Wii U