Ubisoft has announced a Ghost Recon: Future Soldier multiplayer beta, active from April 19 until May 2 on Xbox 360 and PS3. The publisher also announced the Ghost Recon Network, a "free companion service" that'll support all future Ghost Recon titles.
The beta will feature 12 players competing as teams in two modes, featuring three classes. Working as either a Rifleman, Engineer or Scout, players in "Conflict" mode compete to complete objectives, while "Saboteur" has teams transferring a bomb to detonate in the opposing team's base. Access to the beta is given through Splinter Cell Conviction or by pre-ordering Future Soldier on Xbox 360. PlayStation Plus subscribers receive a PS3 beta key.%Gallery-152439%
New Trailer and Assets:
SAN FRANCISCO – April 5, 2012 – Today Ubisoft announced the Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Future Soldier multiplayer beta will run from April 19th until May 2nd for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft and the PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system.
In the multiplayer beta, up to twelve simultaneous players will have the opportunity to choose from three classes (Rifleman, Engineer and Scout) and experience the intense adversarial online action in two different modes:
• Description: players battle to complete objectives located throughout the map and earn points, the team with the most points at the end of the round wins
• Game session: 1 round of 15 minutes
Saboteur (available starting April 26th)
• Description: a bomb spawns in a central location, both teams compete to retrieve the bomb and be the first to detonate it at the opposing team's base
• Game session: 1 round of 10 minutes
Both modes will be playable on two different maps (Pipeline and Mill).
The beta can be accessed in the following ways:
• Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Conviction Owners
o Splinter Cell Conviction Xbox 360 owners can access the beta directly through the game
• Pre-order Ghost Recon: Future Solder on Xbox 360 from GameStop and receive a Xbox 360 beta key
• PlayStation Plus subscribers receive a PS3 beta key
Additionally, Ubisoft announced Ghost Recon Network, a free companion service that will support all Ghost Recon titles moving forward. Accessible from smartphones, tablets, and web browsers, Ghost Recon Network will allow players to interact with Ghost Recon: Future Soldier & upcoming Ghost Recon games anywhere at any time. The Ghost Recon Network site (www.ghostrecon.com/network) and v1.0 iOS & Android apps will launch with Ghost Recon: Future Soldier on Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 on May 22nd. Players in the multiplayer beta will have the opportunity to try specific features of the Ghost Recon Network website and get their hands on the Android mobile app – both of which are in beta stage.
Ghost Recon Network Key Features:
Customize and share in-game weapons on the go
• Use GunSmith mobile to customize weapons down to their inner parts in 3D and sync them to consoles
• Publish weapons to the GunSmith Gallery and browse guns posted by the Ghost Recon Network community
Track player history and friends' in-game status
• Access personal player performance on Ghost Recon: Future Soldier & upcoming Ghost Recon games and compare stats on leaderboards
• Receive challenges, friend activity reports and community updates via the website or push notifications on smartphones and tablets
Receive exclusive rewards
• Download the free Ghost Recon Network app at launch to unlock additional attachment credits in Ghost Recon: Future Soldier
• Earn weapons and weapon skins in Ghost Recon: Future Soldier by playing other Ghost Recon games or interacting with other Ghost Recon experiences
Become a better player
• Study detailed game information and heatmaps to prepare for the next battle
• Build and manage your squad, add recruits and search for competing squads
Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Future Soldier is scheduled to release for the Xbox 360® and the Sony PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system on May 22, 2012 in North America. It will be available on PC on June 12, 2012.
Please visit www.ghostrecon.com for more information on Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Future Soldier.
About Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Future Soldier
In Tom Clancy™'s Ghost Recon: Future Soldier™, join an elite team of highly trained, cut-throat special-ops soldiers. Armed to the teeth with unrivalled combat technology and cutting-edge military hardware, Ghost Recon takes you to the globe's most deadly warzones to hunt down the highest value targets.
When you're outnumbered...only the dead fight fair.
Ubisoft is a leading producer, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment products worldwide and has grown considerably through a strong and diversified line-up of products and partnerships. Ubisoft has offices in 26 countries and has sales in more than 55 countries around the globe. It is committed to delivering high-quality, cutting-edge video game titles to consumers. For the 2010-11 fiscal year Ubisoft generated sales of €1.039 billion. To learn more, please visit: www.ubisoftgroup.com.
© 2012 Ubisoft Entertainment. All Rights Reserved. Tom Clancy's, Ghost Recon, Ghost Recon Future Soldier, the Soldier Icon, Ubisoft, and the Ubisoft logo are trademarks of Ubisoft Entertainment in the US and/or other countries. KINECT, Xbox, Xbox 360, Xbox LIVE, and the Xbox logos are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies and are used under license from Microsoft. "PlayStation" and the "PS" Family logo are registered trademarks and "PS3" and the PlayStation Network logo are trademarks of Sony Computer Entertainment Inc.
- Key specs
- Reviews • 18
- Game format Optical disc, Downloadable
- Online features Multiplayer, Voice chat, Video chat, Store, Browser
- Drive capacity 250 GB
- Controller type Wired, Wireless
- Motion controls Accelerometer, Gyroscopic
- Video outputs HDMI (v1.3), RCA / composite
- Released 2012-09-25
Microsoft Xbox One