That's quite a pronouncement. He clarified that he doesn't have a problem with Capcom doing it, noting that their motives may be different from his. But Harada sees, he said, "the characters and their move sets as chess pieces – they are essential items necessary in the game and we would never sell any of those individually."
That doesn't rule out DLC completely, as Harada added that vanity items that might be added to the game after the fact would likely come with a charge. Characters might also be added to a Tekken game in advance as pre-order incentives, as long as they could eventually be unlocked by all players in the game. But as for after-the-fact characters, you won't find any of those in Tekken x Street Fighter if Harada has his way.
- Key specs
- Game format Optical disc, Downloadable
- Online features Multiplayer, Voice chat, Video chat, Store, Browser
- Drive capacity 250 GB
- Controller type Wired, Wireless
- Motion controls Accelerometer, Gyroscopic
- Video outputs HDMI (v1.3), RCA / composite
- Released 2012-09-25
Microsoft Xbox One