Catacombs sounds like it was a mix of team-based shooters like Left 4 Dead, mixed with the loot-whoring of Borderlands, and Diablo's randomly generated maps. Players would have guns, spells and magic rings to level up as they attempted to reach the elevator on each floor and escape to the surface.
According to the source, Square Enix planned to reveal the game at last year's E3, but that clearly never happened. The source claims Catacombs was far along and playable, but is unsure whether Square Enix will complete the title.
- Key specs
- Game format Optical disc, Downloadable
- Online features Multiplayer, Voice chat, Video chat, Store, Browser
- Drive capacity 250 GB
- Controller type Wired, Wireless
- Motion controls Accelerometer, Gyroscopic
- Video outputs HDMI (v1.3), RCA / composite
- Released 2012-09-25
Microsoft Xbox One