Reportedly "difficult to work with," Nintendo is said to have taken no interest in working with Future on expanded online initiatives to strengthen the Nintendo Power brand. Editors and staff members were told that the magazine would be shut down sometime last week and have since begun transitioning to other Future publications, according to Ars Technica's source.
We've reached out to Future Publishing and Nintendo for comment. Originally launching in 1988, Nintendo Power was run in-house by Nintendo until the property was licensed to Future in 2007.
- Key specs
- Game format Downloadable, Cartridge
- Screen size 3.53 inches
- Online features Multiplayer, Store, Browser
- Direction control D-pad, Thumb stick (1)
- Motion controls Accelerometer, Camera / optical
- Dimensions 0.8 x 5.3 x 2.9 in
- Weight 8 oz
- Released 2011-03-27
Nintendo DS Lite
Nintendo Wii console
Nintendo Wii U