Outside of combat, players can develop their own staple of warriors in Spartacus Legends and control their progress, equipping them with personal weapons and training them in one of eight different fighting styles.
I spent some time playing it during Ubisoft's unveiling event and, at first glance, it's very reminiscent of Deadliest Warrior – though combatants in Spartacus Legends can withstand a lot more punishment. The combat is more combo-focused, so you won't lose an arm with a single swipe.
It's a bit less realistic, but since permadeath is in play you may be glad fighters can take more of a beating. Yes, once your gladiator dies, he's dead forever.
- Key specs
- Reviews • 18
- Game format Optical disc, Downloadable
- Online features Multiplayer, Voice chat, Video chat, Store, Browser
- Drive capacity 250 GB
- Controller type Wired, Wireless
- Motion controls Accelerometer, Gyroscopic
- Video outputs HDMI (v1.3), RCA / composite
- Released 2012-09-25
Microsoft Xbox One