There might still be some Castlevania.
- Splatterhouse: A young woman is kidnapped and imprisoned in a monster-filled house, and her boyfriend is murdered in the same attack. Meanwhile, a man possessed by a demonic mask is destroying everything in sight. The twist is that the dead boyfriend is the possessed maniac, and is actually the protagonist of the piece.
- Devil's Crush: Fight a transforming demon, dragons, giant skull monsters, undead knights and a weird druid-looking cult. In a pinball game. Devil's Crush is simultaneously the creepiest and the most metal album-cover like game in the era pre-Crüe Ball.
- Ghouls 'n Ghosts: Gotta have one of these on the list. These are the canonical Halloween games, starting in a graveyard and ending with your inevitable death, a lone skeleton in boxer shorts, murdered without remorse by a playful red demon. And speaking of Firebrand, you can get his own game, Gargoyle's Quest, on 3DS.
- Castlevania: Rondo of Blood: All right, there's a Castlevania game on here. I warned you. But if you haven't played this lost gem of the series, it's worth me being a total hack in a Halloween feature. Originally released on the PC Engine CD-ROM in Japan, it didn't come to America until this Virtual Console release and the Dracula X Chronicles on PSP. Not only is it a great game, it's an interesting transitional step between vintage Castlevania and Symphony of the Night.
- Kid Chameleon: It's a game about wearing masks! In the game, putting on a mask transforms you into a different person with different abilities. I can dress up like a knight in real life, but somehow it doesn't allow me to scale walls. On the upside, it might prevent me from dying when I try.
- Summer Games II: Just kidding.
[Splatterhouse image: HG101]
- Key specs
- Game format Optical disc, Downloadable
- Online features Multiplayer, Voice chat, Store, Browser
- Drive capacity 512 MB
- Controller type Wired, Wireless
- Motion controls Accelerometer, Camera / optical
- Video outputs Component, RCA / composite, S-Video
- Weight 2.65 lb
- Released 2006-11-19