If you use OS X Server, it's time to fire up Software Update. Apple has just released version 2.2.1 of its server add-on for Mountain Lion, bringing with it a number of updates, fixes and even a couple of new features like a Caching Server for Mac App Store downloads and Wiki Server support for Retina MacBook Pros. You'll find the full list below:
- Caching Server to speed up download of software distributed by Apple through the Mac App Store.
- Time Machine service monitoring of which computers have backed up, when they last backed up and size of backup.
- Wiki Server support for MacBook Pro with Retina displays.
- Fix for deleting apps uploaded to Profile Manager.
- Ability to use Active Directory groups within Profile Manager.
- Centralized Certificate management interface.
- Fix for setup failures due to an SSL error.
- Fixes for upgrading from Lion Server.
In addition to these changes, OS X Server 2.2.1 includes some security fixes intended to address issues with Ruby on Rails in Profile Manager and Wiki Server.