"We don't have any reason to believe our development budget will change significantly," said Take-Two CEO Strauss Zelnick on a financial call today. "If anything, we've become, group wide, much tighter in how we spend our money. It has been the challenge and we've been very focused on it. We can't say specifically, but, no, we don't expect to see a meaningful change in what it costs us to release these top quality products."
Then again, it's hard to put next-gen budgets into perspective when you're the publisher of Grand Theft Auto 5. If the game's launch on September 17 incurs anything like Grand Theft Auto 4 or Red Dead Redemption's marketing, you'll have to take a trip to the Andes to avoid it.
- Key specs
- Reviews • 18
- Game format Optical disc, Downloadable
- Online features Multiplayer, Voice chat, Video chat, Store, Browser
- Drive capacity 250 GB
- Controller type Wired, Wireless
- Motion controls Accelerometer, Gyroscopic
- Video outputs HDMI (v1.3), RCA / composite
- Released 2012-09-25
Microsoft Xbox One