Dead Space 3's inclusion of campaign microtransactions incited a negative gut reaction from some potential players, and if we can count on one thing in life, it's people finding ways around things that make them uncomfortable. A glitch in Dead Space 3 allows players to infinitely farm random items from one room near the end of chapter eight, as discovered and recorded by Game Front.
Dead Space 3 allows players to purchase materials for crafting weapons, in both single-player and co-op modes, alongside the standard scavenging and lucky find methods. For the record completed the game without using a single microtransaction, and we still found the experience enjoyable (in a terrifying kind of way).
- Key specs
- Game format Optical disc, Downloadable
- Online features Multiplayer, Voice chat, Video chat, Store, Browser
- Drive capacity 250 GB
- Controller type Wired, Wireless
- Motion controls Accelerometer, Gyroscopic
- Video outputs HDMI (v1.3), RCA / composite
- Released 2012-09-25
Microsoft Xbox One