Remember how TV Guide relaunched its mobile app for iOS last summer? Well the company's Android app, TV Guide Mobile, is finally catching up with the iOS version thanks to a complete redesign. The app includes TV Guide's popular Watchlist feature, a personalized profile which lets you find different ways to watch shows -- from sources like TV, on-demand, streaming and DVD. TV Guide Mobile automatically links to the HBO GO, Hulu Plus, The CW, MAX GO and Crackle apps, allowing you to access shows instantly. Another new feature, New Tonight Trending, provides a "social hot list" of what others are watching. But wait, there's more! The app gains a heavy dose of social networking integration plus content filtering, curated watchlists (including topics such as celebrities and sports) and original editorial content. Want to try it out? Follow the Play Store link below, then check out the PR after the break.
TV Guide Digital Debuts Redesigned One-Stop TV App for Android™
New features allow you to find, share and watch – anytime, anywhere
NEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE)--TV Guide Digital today debuted its redesigned one-stop TV app for Android, which makes TV simple again by allowing fans to find, share and watch instantly – anytime, anywhere.
TV Guide's apps for Android, iPhone®, iPad® and iPod touch® have been installed more than 9 million times. Since August 2012, when redesigned iOS apps launched, monthly active users for all TV Guide apps have doubled to more than 2.5 million. This is the most significant redesign for the Android app since it launched in 2010.
The hottest new feature in the Android redesign is TV Guide's Watchlist, a personalized profile that makes it easy to find all the ways to watch. The number of Watchlists created through TVGuide.com and its iOS apps has grown from 500,000 in August 2012 to more than 1.1 million today. TV Guide users' top Watchlist picks have accurately predicted the season's top new shows for consecutive seasons, with "Revolution" and "The Following" tracking to the #1 spots in September and January, respectively.
When fans add shows, sports teams, actors and movies to their Watchlist, it shows them on a single screen all the ways to watch -- on TV, on demand, streaming and DVD. In the Android app, fans can instantly link to apps for HBO GO, Hulu Plus, The CW, MAX GO and Crackle to watch their favorites. Additional video sources will be added during the next few weeks.
Other new features include New Tonight Trending, a social hot list based on what TV Guide users are watching, plus Watchlist filters for News, which show users only their favorites.
In addition to Watchlist and New Tonight Trending, new features include:
- Social check-in and discussion: Throughout the app, check in, share and discuss what you're watching via social networks using TV Guide's "I'll Watch" button.
- Video Search and Curated Video Channels: Find the TV shows, movies and web originals you want to watch now or browse through editor- and guest-curated channels. Guest curators have included Andy Cohen from Bravo's "Watch What Happens Live."
- Celebrity Watchlist Videos: The biggest stars – Sigourney Weaver, Tina Fey, Katie Couric and dozens more – share why they love their favorites in these exclusive TV Guide videos.
- Super-Charged "Classic" Listings: Our best listings grid ever, including alerts, HD and favorite channel filters, "I'll Watch" social sharing, and instant "Add to Watchlist."
- Original Editorial Content: TV Guide's original breaking news and features – and the ability to discuss them with editors and other fans.
- New Tonight Sports: Every sporting event on TV that day.
The new TV Guide Android App is available on Google Play™. The TV Guide iOS App is available for free from the App Store on iPhone, iPad and iPod touch or at www.itunes.com/appstore.