Notably, Crash 'n the Boys is part of the same series as developer Technos' River City Ransom, a cult classic that ranks as an all-time favorite among many NES fans. While it arrived at retail late in the NES's lifespan and never gained much of a following, Street Challenge's appearance on the Wii U could potentially be followed by Virtual Console upgrades for Super Dodge Ball, Double Dragon, and other well-remembered titles from Technos' back catalog.
Crash 'n the Boys is rated PG for "mild violence" – a generous classification, as the game includes a swimming minigame in which players attempt to drown their opponents. Joystiq's David Hinkle took the game for a spin back when it first launched for the Wii's Virtual Console, calling it "fun, but tiring."
- Key specs
- Reviews • 54
- Game format Optical disc, Downloadable
- Online features Multiplayer, Voice chat, Store, Browser
- Drive capacity 8 GB
- Controller type Wireless
- Motion controls Accelerometer, Gyroscopic, Camera / optical
- Video outputs Component, HDMI (v1.4), RCA / composite, S-Video
- Backward compatible 1 generations
- Released 2012-11-18