Community Manager Crithto took to the forums
, asking for feedback about changes to the mechanical and elemental pet battle families. As of right now, elemental attacks have both an offensive and defensive advantage over mechanical, making it imbalanced compared to the other families. Blizzard proposes to change which families both types of pets have an advantage against:
One set of changes proposes:
- Critters would replace elementals in taking less damage from mechanical attacks
- Dragonkin would replace critters in taking less damage from elemental attacks
- Elementals would replace dragonkin in taking less damage from flying attacks
and the other:
- Elementals would replace aquatic pets in taking less damage from undead attacks
- Aquatic pets would replace elementals in taking less damage from mechanical attacks
The second set of suggested changes would require less alteration to the current system and therefore has my vote. Do you have an opinion? If so, take advantage of Blizzard's request for player input and cast your vote in the forums
The full text of Crithto's post is after the break.
We're looking to make further Pet Battles adjustments in a future patch (potentially 5.4), and your valuable feedback is needed!
Currently, in an Elemental vs. Mechanical matchup, Elementals gain both an attack bonus versus Mechanicals as well as a defensive bonus against Mechanical abilities. In order to help even the playing field a bit, we were mulling over some potential changes to damage types, and the families they would be weak against.
Here are some initial ideas that are being kicked around:
- Mechanical abilities would deal less damage versus Critter (instead of Elemental)
- Elemental abilities would deal less damage versus Dragonkin (instead of Critter)
- Flying abilities would deal less damage versus Elemental (instead of Dragonkin)
And here is a second set of ideas we're considering:
- Undead abilities would deal less damage versus Elemental (instead of Aquatic)
- Mechanical abilities would deal less damage versus Aquatic (instead of Elemental)
Your thoughts on these potential changes would be really helpful, so please take a moment to reply below and let us know what you think.