A new set of updates to the patch 5.4 PTR patch notes has been posted on the official blog. Along with the usual class tweaks and adjustments, this time around we've got some changes to Pet Battles -- and an interesting change for both druids and death knights.
- Druids and Death Knights using spells that take them to training areas (Moonglade and the Ebon Hold) will now find that casting Teleport: Moonglade or Death Gate will return them to a location near their original departure point.
- Hunters -- Readiness has been removed, and Disengage and Deterrence both now have two charges.
- Battle Pet training cost and the price of pets sold by Battle Pet Trainers have both been greatly reduced!
You can see the full list of patch notes at the official site
, but if you'd just like a list of the new changes, follow after the break for a consolidated list.
- All fear and horrify effects can no longer cause targets under the effects of a movement speed buff to move faster than normal run speed.
- Death Gate now returns the Death Knight to a location near their original departure point when the spell is cast while in Ebon Hold.
- Riposte is a new passive ability learned by Blood Death Knights at level 76. When the Death Knight dodges or parries any attack, they gain 75% of their Parry and Dodge as additional bonus to Critical Strike for 20 seconds.
- Teleport: Moonglade now returns the Druid to a location near their original departure point when the spell is cast while in the Moonglade area.
- Glyph of Fae Silence will now cause Faerie Fire to interrupt when used on targets that are immune to silence effects.
- Deterrence now has 2 charges.
- Disengage now has 2 charges.
- Readiness has been removed.
now finishes the cooldowns on Rapid Fire, Feign Death, Deterrence, Disengage, and Camouflage when activated (was all Hunter abilities with a base cooldown of less than 5 minutes).
- Stampede damage dealt by pets when the ability is used outside of an Arena or Battleground is no longer reduced by 75%
- Invoke Xuen, the White Tiger now has a pet control bar for Xuen, and the talent is no longer on global cooldown for all Monk specializations.
summoned version of Xuen will no longer taunt off players that are tank-specialized.
- Tigereye Brew received a number of adjustments.
- Increases damage by 6% per stack, (up from 1% per stack) but is no longer increased by Mastery.
- Divine Plea no longer reduces the amount of healing done, and now restores mana based on the Paladin's Spirit.
- Guardian of the Ancient Kings (Holy version) now deals additional healing based on any heal cast by the Paladin for the 15 seconds for the duration of the spell. The Paladin also has 10% additional haste for the duration that the ability is active.
- Holy Insight now increases the effectiveness of Eternal Flame, Light of Dawn, and Word of Glory by 35%. Effectiveness of other heals are still increased by 25%.
- Guarded by the Light now restores 15% of the Paladin's maximum mana every 2 seconds (up from 6%).
- Holy Word: Sancturary mana cost reduced to 3.8% (down from 6.3%).
- Serendipity's mana cost reduction has been increased to 20% per stack (up from 10% per stack), and no longer displays a spell effect when in the UI when it's active.
- Glyph of Blind now only removes damage-over-time effects that would cause Blind to break. For Rogues that also have the Dirty Tricks talent, this means Blind will no longer remove the Rogue's poison or bleed effects.
- Conductivity has been redesigned. Casting Healing Wave, Greater Healing Wave, Healing Surge, or Chain Heal, increases the duration of Healing Rain by 3 seconds. Damaging an enemy with Lightning Bolt, Chain Lightning, Earthshock, or Stormstrike increases the duration of Healing Rain by 3 seconds.
- Archimonde's Vengeance has been redesigned and renamed into Archimonde's Darkness. Archimonde's Darkness gives the Warlock's Dark Soul spell two charges.
For the passive portion of the talent, each time the Warlock or their pet takes damage, the Warlock now gains 1% of the unmitigated damage back as spell power for 20 seconds.
- Soul Link now transfers 20% of damage taken by the Warlock to their pet, and 3% of all damage dealt by the Warlock will be returned as healing for the Warlock and their pet. This ability is always active while the Warlock's pet is active.
- Glyph of Dark Soul will be redesigned.
- Bladestorm now deals an increased 180% of weapon damage for Arms Warriors (up from 120%).
- Bloodbath's snare and bleed effects are now two separate debuffs. Clearing one of the effects will no longer remove the other.
- Riposte is a new passive ability learned by Protection Warriors at level 76. When the Warrior dodges or parries any attack, they gain 75% of their Parry and Dodge as an additional bonus to Critical Strike for 20 seconds.
Pet Battle General
- Battle Pet Training cost and the price of pets sold by Battle Pet Trainers have been greatly reduced.
- Tiny Twister: The Sandstorm ability has been replaced with Call Lightning.
Battle Pet Abilities
- Battle Pet abilities with a component that increases in damage every time it hits will no longer reset when an opponent's pet gets swapped. (Arcane Blast, Frog Kiss, etc.)
- Death Grip cooldown increased to 4 rounds (up from 3 rounds), damage has been reduced by 50%, and hit chance has been reduced to match similar abilities.
- Nether Gate damage has been reduced by 33%.
- Sweep damage has been reduced by 33%.