Codemasters launched the VIP Pass program in 2011, requiring players to either input a code or pay a one-time fee to access the online multiplayer features in Grid 2, Dirt 3, and other games.
The publisher did not announce whether it plans to abandon the VIP Pass program for all of its upcoming releases. Electronic Arts eliminated the equivalent Online Pass system for its current and future games in March.
"We recently reviewed the VIP Pass activation system and took the decision not to include it in either F1 2013 and F1 2013: Classic Edition," a Codemasters spokesperson told MCV. "Players will not be required to activate multiplayer functionality via a VIP Pass code and we have no plans to replace the pass with an alternative paid-for activation system in the game when it launches this October."
- Key specs
- Reviews • 18
- Game format Optical disc, Downloadable
- Online features Multiplayer, Voice chat, Video chat, Store, Browser
- Drive capacity 250 GB
- Controller type Wired, Wireless
- Motion controls Accelerometer, Gyroscopic
- Video outputs HDMI (v1.3), RCA / composite
- Released 2012-09-25
Microsoft Xbox One