"We have confirmed today at QuakeCon that Wolfenstein will ship next year, all platforms. Felt it deserved some additional time for polish," Bethesda VP of marketing and PR Pete Hines said today on Twitter.
Hines also told Polygon that developer MachineGames' reboot has been hampered by developing on current- and next-gen platforms simultaneously, along with the layers of genres the studio is trying to put into the shooter.
"MachineGames has been working on this game for a while," Hines told Polygon. "You don't want to waste all that time and effort for the sake of a couple of months, if a couple of months could make all of the difference in the world."
- Key specs
- Reviews • 18
- Game format Optical disc, Downloadable
- Online features Multiplayer, Voice chat, Video chat, Store, Browser
- Drive capacity 250 GB
- Controller type Wired, Wireless
- Motion controls Accelerometer, Gyroscopic
- Video outputs HDMI (v1.3), RCA / composite
- Released 2012-09-25
Microsoft Xbox One
Sony PlayStation 4