With Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag, Ubisoft Montreal steers its historical action-adventure franchise into the calming blue seas of an 18th century Caribbean. The tranquility lasts until new protagonist Edward Kenway spies a ship in his telescopic glass – prompting a new piratical opportunity to shoot it, sink it or swing onto its deck and run those fretting sailors through.
We discuss the successes of sailing in our video recap above, along with Kenway's on-foot encounters with assassination and shrub-based stealth. There's also a strong implication of which aquatic animals are best suited to crafting holsters. Okay, it's the sharks. We just don't like the sharks.
- Key specs
- Reviews • 18
- Game format Optical disc, Downloadable
- Online features Multiplayer, Voice chat, Video chat, Store, Browser
- Drive capacity 250 GB
- Controller type Wired, Wireless
- Motion controls Accelerometer, Gyroscopic
- Video outputs HDMI (v1.3), RCA / composite
- Released 2012-09-25
Sony PlayStation 4
Nintendo Wii U
Microsoft Xbox One