You've been asking for a new version of our Android app, and we've been listening. And after months of development and testing, Engadget for Android 2.0 is finally here, just in time for you to use it stay on top of all of the latest news from CES! We've totally rebuilt the app from the ground up, with a ton of new features and enhancements, including:
- An all-new card UI layout: Each card highlights the media within the article, highlighting comment count and share tools.
- Most Popular articles lets you get a quick view of what's trending on Engadget.
- Easy content sharing via any app on your device that supports sharing.
- Podcasts now play in the background.
- Send tips to Engadget directly from the app.
- Quick access to sections like Reviews, Videos and Galleries from the side drawer.
- Comment counts turn orange as the conversation goes deeper, letting you know where to join in.
- Articles now have related content and tags support to find more of the content you love
- Articles also have a "back to top" icon to quickly return to the top of any article from anywhere.
- Greatly improved performance.
The app is available right now from Google Play, and supports both phones and tablets. Download it today, and let us know what you think!