Ace Combat Infinity, a PS3 exclusive, is the first free-to-play entry in Project Aces' popular plane combat series. The game takes place on an alternate-reality Earth where the worlds' governments banded together and built large orbiting rail guns designed to save the planet from an incoming barrage of space rocks – the byproduct of the accidental destruction of a fictitious moon around Jupiter.
The beta, which ends on February 11, includes samples of two game modes: a single-player campaign and an online co-op game type pitting human players against NPC pilots. All of those who participate in the beta will be given a special in-game emblem that carries over to the full game, which is due for take-off some time this year.
- Key specs
- Game format Optical disc, Downloadable
- Online features Multiplayer, Voice chat, Video chat, Store, Browser
- Drive capacity 250 GB
- Controller type Wired, Wireless
- Motion controls Accelerometer, Gyroscopic
- Video outputs HDMI (v1.3), RCA / composite
- Released 2012-09-25