"Our aim with this Kickstarter is to be humble in our expectations. The current goal is to make a faithful Amplitude 'HD' - the core experience from PS2 re-developed for modern gaming devices," the company notes on its Kickstarter page. "We certainly have LOTS of crazy ideas that could blow this concept out. Your contribution, feedback, and community input will decide where this project will land and how many crazy ideas we can incorporate!"
If successful, the new Amplitude will be available on PlayStation 3 and PlayStation 4, which makes sense because Sony owns the intellectual property. A cross-buy code will be given to the first 1,000 pledges at the $15 tier and a code is standard with the $20 tier. The game is currently scheduled to drift down the super note highway in March, 2015.
- Key specs
- Game format Optical disc, Downloadable
- Online features Multiplayer, Voice chat, Video chat, Store, Browser
- Drive capacity 250 GB
- Controller type Wired, Wireless
- Motion controls Accelerometer, Gyroscopic
- Video outputs HDMI (v1.3), RCA / composite
- Released 2012-09-25
Sony PlayStation 4