Though Japanese Mario Kart fans have long been awaiting the miniature Mercedes Benz GLA, it wasn't until today that fans in the Western world learned that they, too, would receive the fruits of this unexpected cross-company promotion. "We're planning to release a GLA-Class kart from @Mercedesbenz for #MK8 this summer," reads a recent tweet from Nintendo of America, which was then complemented by a similar notice from the Nintendo of Europe Twitter account.
Neither tweet specifies a release date or pricing information for the DLC kart, though if North America and Europe both follow Japan's lead, the new ride should be available to players at no additional charge.
Mario Kart 8 (4/2/14)
- Key specs
- Reviews • 54
- Game format Optical disc, Downloadable
- Online features Multiplayer, Voice chat, Store, Browser
- Drive capacity 8 GB
- Controller type Wireless
- Motion controls Accelerometer, Gyroscopic, Camera / optical
- Video outputs Component, HDMI (v1.4), RCA / composite, S-Video
- Backward compatible 1 generations
- Released 2012-11-18