Aside from an episodic release schedule allowing Red Thread to do a more thorough application of polish, the team also hopes to "start generating income" with Book One, which will "go right back into improving the quality and scope of subsequent books." Backers will still receive all episodes and rewards related to their pledge level, but a season pass will also be offered to newcomers on Steam, Good Old Games and the Humble Store.
We recall a similar situation with Double Fine's Broken Age, which was split in half in order to use revenue from season passes to finish development of its second chapter. Given that Double Fine's plan totally worked though, we can see why Red Thread Games would try the same strategy.
- Key specs
- Reviews • 54
- Game format Optical disc, Downloadable
- Online features Multiplayer, Voice chat, Store, Browser
- Drive capacity 8 GB
- Controller type Wireless
- Motion controls Accelerometer, Gyroscopic, Camera / optical
- Video outputs Component, HDMI (v1.4), RCA / composite, S-Video
- Backward compatible 1 generations
- Released 2012-11-18