While the streaming tech means the handheld's 3D capabilities aren't usable, the game should look comparably strong on 3DS, similar to Remote Play on Vita. That all depends on the tech working as planned, but Square Enix does have the iOS and Android ports to draw experience from. Meanwhile, a prototype screenshot shows Wii U controls tied to the 3DS touchscreen, including the ZL and ZR buttons, the right analog stick and keyboard inputs.
Meanwhile, Western fans of the RPG series have no further to go on than May's murmurs of consideration. And, while Square Enix discussed exporting Dragon Quest X during its financial results briefing, the primary destination of choice seemed to be Asia.
- Key specs
- Game format Downloadable, Cartridge
- Screen size 3.53 inches
- Online features Multiplayer, Store, Browser
- Direction control D-pad, Thumb stick (1)
- Motion controls Accelerometer, Camera / optical
- Dimensions 0.8 x 5.3 x 2.9 in
- Weight 8 oz
- Released 2011-03-27