First revealed last month, Final Fantasy Explorers combines the series' tropes with four-player co-operative action. For one, the game features classic jobs, including the tank-like Knight, close-combat Monk, and more self-explanatory Black and White Mages. As today's Direct showed, adventurers have to take on monsters big and small in the game, including some familiar summons. Again, Square Enix showcased the heroes doing battle with Ifrit in what looks like his Final Fantasy X form.
Final Fantasy Explorers remains unconfirmed for Western release, despite Square Enix recently trademarking its name in North America and Europe.
- Key specs
- Reviews • 104
- Game format Downloadable, Cartridge
- Screen size 3.53 inches
- Online features Multiplayer, Store, Browser
- Direction control D-pad, Thumb stick (1)
- Motion controls Accelerometer, Camera / optical
- Dimensions 0.8 x 5.3 x 2.9 in
- Weight 8 oz
- Released 2011-03-27