The 3DS version of Tetris Ultimate includes a "Master" mode inspired by Arika's Tetris: The Grand Master, challenging players to form lines with blocks that drop instantly and appear at the bottom of the screen. Tetris Ultimate also features a "Rotation Lock" mode that freezes falling pieces in random orientations, an "Escalation" mode that demands players clear more lines as levels ramp up in difficulty, and an "Invisible" mode that turns blocks invisible as they approach the bottom of the screen.
Tetris Ultimate is also slated to launch for the Xbox One and PlayStation 4 this summer. A digital release for the PlayStation Vita and PC platforms will follow in the fall.
SAN FRANCISCO, CA - July 21, 2014 - Today, Ubisoft® announced that the evolution of the world's most loved puzzle game will be available for Nintendo 3DS™ this fall. In addition to delivering six exciting modes, Tetris® Ultimate for Nintendo 3DS also includes an exclusive single-player Challenge mode that will put any player's determination to the test.
With fun features and unique visuals, Tetris Ultimate for Nintendo 3DS allows 1–4 players to face off in seven different game modes:
• Marathon – Complete level 15 and rack up as many points as you can.
• Endless – Keep clearing lines until your stamina runs out.
• Ultra – Race to score as many points possible before time runs out in this three-minute challenge.
• Sprint – Clear 40 lines as quickly as you can.
• Battle – Go head-to-head to knock out 1-4 challengers.
• Battle Ultimate – Be the last person playing after using crazy power-ups. Go on the offensive with Carousel and make your opponent's Well shift to the left after each move, or trigger Let it Rain and dump garbage down on top of them. Buzz Saw helps you out by clearing away a number of your lines, especially useful when you're in a spot of trouble.
• Challenge – From disappearing Tetriminos (Tetris® playing pieces) to orientation-locked Tetriminos, be prepared for a variety of challenges that will test a player's fortitude.
Real-time worldwide leaderboards add to the fervor and competition among friends to see who the best-of-the-best Tetris Ultimate players really are.
Tetris Ultimate will also be available for digital download this summer for the first time on Xbox One, the all-in-one games and entertainment system from Microsoft and PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system, and this fall on PlayStation®Vita handheld entertainment system and Windows PC.
For more information on Tetris Ultimate, please visit tetrisultimate.com
For the latest on all of Ubisoft's games, visit the UbiBlog: http://www.ubiblog.com
The world's most-loved puzzle game arrives on Nintendo 3DS and is better than ever in Tetris® Ultimate. With six exciting modes plus an exclusive challenge mode on the handheld version, fun new features, and unique visuals, the evolution of this iconic game is the ultimate must-have on 3DS.
Experience the Best of Tetris®
In this fast-paced game of skills, players can take on the puzzle game solo, challenge a friend, partner up with friends, or make battle teams. Up to four players can get in on the action.
• Marathon – Get to level 15 and rack up as many points as you can.
• Endless – Play for as long as you can and keep clearing lines for as long as possible.
• Ultra – Get your highest score before time runs out in this three-minute challenge.
• Sprint – Clear 40 lines as quickly as you can.
• Battle – Go head-to-head to knock out your opponents.
• Battle Ultimate – Be the last person playing after using crazy power-ups! Go on the offensive with Carousel and make your opponent's matrix shift to the left after each move, or trigger Let it Rain and dump blocks down on top of them. Buzz Saw helps you out by clearing away a number of your lines – especially useful when you're in a spot of trouble.
3DS-exclusive Challenge Modes:
• Master - The Tetriminos drop instantly and appear at the bottom.
• Rotation Lock – The orientation of the Tetriminos are random and you cannot rotate them.
• Escalation – As the game levels up, you'll have to clear more lines
• Invisible – The Tetriminos become invisible as they drop to the bottom.
Stay Connected With Friends
Social Feeds keep you up to date with in-game events and allows you to track your friends' scores. Tetris Ultimate® for 3DS captures and saves your games, allowing you to view your strategy and improve. If your scores get beat, view your friends' strategies via their in-game replays, then challenge and beat them!
Celebrate Wins and Compete
Leaderboards make it easy to post your scores and see how you measure up against your friends. Challenge yourself and stack your skills and scores against other great players around the globe. An official Tetris® Rank in the shape of Tetriminos has been implemented to classify and identify the top players. Play by Championship Rules for an even greater feat to see where you place among the most elite players. Are you one of the best in the world?
Release Dates: Fall 2014
ESRB: E for EVERYONE
Tetris ® & © 1985–2014 Tetris Holding. Tetris logos, Tetris theme song, and Tetriminos are trademarks of Tetris Holding. The Tetris trade dress is owned by Tetris Holding. Licensed to The Tetris Company. Game Design by Alexey Pajitnov. Original Logo Design by Roger Dean. All Rights Reserved. © 2014 Additional game content by Ubisoft Entertainment. All Rights Reserved. Ubisoft and the Ubisoft logo are trademarks of Ubisoft Entertainment in the US and/or other countries. Developed and published under license by The Tetris Company
- Key specs
- Game format Downloadable, Cartridge
- Screen size 3.53 inches
- Online features Multiplayer, Store, Browser
- Direction control D-pad, Thumb stick (1)
- Motion controls Accelerometer, Camera / optical
- Dimensions 0.8 x 5.3 x 2.9 in
- Weight 8 oz
- Released 2011-03-27