GameTrailers does the "top ten" thing and rattles off their list of the "Top Ten Game Weapons." But they didn't just go around giving honors to any old weapon willy-nilly. They stipulated, "flaming fireballs and magic spells are out, but blowing things up is definitely in." Their understandably FPS-heavy list breaks down like this:
- 10. Cerebral Bore (Turok 2 & 3): Turok 3 was a bore, amirite?
- 9. Chainsaw (Doom): did they ever figure out why there was a chainsaw on Mars?
- 8. Spreadgun (Contra): you don't use the spreadgun, do you? Wuss ...
- 7. Railgun (Quake 2): the do-it-yourself super weapon of hobbyists everywhere.
- 6. Laptop Gun (Perfect Dark Zero): gets the "remember when this game was good?" nod.
- 5. Energy Sword (Halo 2): you cheap bastard.
- 4. Ice Beam (Metroid): the retro, non-FPS Metroid vote (not that Retro).
- 3. BFG (Doom): the granddaddy of all big fuckin' guns.
- 2. Red Turtle Shell (Mario Kart): the dark horse weapon of the list, and a proven way to destroy a friendship.
- 1. Gravity Gun (Half-Life 2): alright, we gotta give it to them, the gravity gun is some serious weaponry.
[Via Evil Avatar]