So, ever want to see what an embargoed press release looks like? (Sorry, ours didn't come with images!) Here's what RIM and/or T-Mobile sent to some people -- not us though. Enjoy!
THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION IS UNDER EMBARGO UNTIL SEPTEMBER 18, 2006.
BlackBerry Pearl from T-Mobile USA – The Best Way to Ring in the Holiday Season
This holiday season, treat that special someone to the BlackBerry® Pearl™ – a cool new BlackBerry that's as perfect for a night on the town as it is for a day in the office.
The BlackBerry Pearl is a very cool, incredibly small, easy-to-use smartphone. It comes complete with digital camera, multimedia capabilities and expandable memory. And it, of course, offers the full BlackBerry experience – including email, phone, web browser, text messaging, organizer applications and much more. This year, give your loved one the gift of freedom – with the BlackBerry Pearl they can do all the things they "have to do" and more of the things they "want to do."
[Image] [Image] [Image]
[Oh, whatever, just go here if you want the images. -Ed.]
Why is the BlackBerry Pearl the ultimate gift for the holidays?
· It's one sweet phone. It delivers premium phone features including Voice Activated Dialing (VAD), polyphonic, mp3 and MIDI ring tones, speakerphone, smart dialing, conference calling, speed dial, call forwarding and Bluetooth® support for hands-free use with headsets and car kits.
· It delivers the popular and proven BlackBerry experience users have come to know and love.
· It is incredibly sleek and exceptionally powerful – small enough to take anywhere and powerful enough to handle all of your communication and information needs. It's the ultimate combination of brains and beauty.
· It is incredibly easy-to-navigate with a new and intuitive trackball navigation system.
· It is the first BlackBerry to offer a camera with built-in flash and zoom – share pictures with your friends and family right away via email or MMS.
· It features a large, ultra-bright next generation 240x260 color display that brings more than 65,000 colors to life. Its built-in light sensing technology automatically adjusts screen and keyboard lighting for indoor, outdoor and dark environments to browse the web, view attachments, pictures and video files.
· It features a convenient media player – enjoy all the power of BlackBerry and listen to your favorite songs while browsing the web or reading an email.
· It supports a MicroSD card allowing for lots of storage space for pictures, audio and video files, along with 64 MB of internal memory.
· It is optimized for performance and operates on T-Mobile's high-speed EDGE network. It delivers an exceptionally fast performance experience for web browsing and other applications.
· It features RIM's popular SureType™ keyboard technology that makes typing amazingly quick and easy on such a small handset.
- It's easy to stay on top of important personal and work communications with the ability to access up to ten personal or work email accounts including Yahoo! and Microsoft® Exchange.
The BlackBerry Pearl from T-Mobile USA will be available at T-Mobile retail stores, select authorized dealers, online at www.t-mobile.com/blackberry , or by calling 1-800-T-MOBILE for $199.