Our man, Godfree, over at Gamertag Radio sent us another tip about our would be mystery XBLA game. Shake the magic 8 ball with us ... "signs point to Lode Runner." Check out this detective work on IloveXBLA.com:
"No joke, I'm fairly certain I figured it out. Let's look at the trail of tips.
- Ross Erickson says that Lode Runner in very good hands, which would dictate hands that want to put it on Xbox Live Arcade (since he wants the game).
- Luke Smith thinks it might be Bomberman
- On this GamerScore blog post they dropped a hint that Peter Moore said "what happens in Shinjuku stays in Shinjuku."
- Later on this GamerTag Radio thread Microsoft's John Porcaro dropped a hint that "what happens in Montana stays in Montana".
- I originally thought the game must be Bomberman, so I was looking for links between Shinjuku, Montana and Hudson Entertainment the creators of Bomberman. Score! Hudson Soft moved to Shinjuku in 1985 shortly before releasing Bomberman.
- While on the page I noticed Hudson Software also released Lode Runner for NES, and remembered they are currently doing a DS version.
- Lode Runner was originally published by Broderbund, who operate out of MONTANA.
- According to Game Dev Map there are no current game developers operating in Montana.
Nice work. We couldn't agree more. Lode Runner is definitely a major franchise worthy of the hype that we've