Like a stage hook dramatically coercing us out of the spotlight or a kind psychiatrist pulling us back from the brink of madness, the end of the year is putting the kibosh on Japanese sales charts for 2006. With all the ups, downs and insufferable numbers you've been exposed to, it's quite likely that your nightmares have become filled with imposing calculator-men riding rollercoasters and vomiting out percentages as soon as the ride stops.
We're very sorry for that. Have some numbers.
- DS Lite: 485,584 (yes, really) 165,876 (51.88%)
- Wii: 279,277 171,040 (158.02%)
- PSP: 138,588 89,626 (183.05%)
- PS3: 76,882 5,940 (8.37%)
- PS2: 46,209 8,479 (22.47%)
- Xbox 360: 17,213 45 (0.26%)
- Game Boy Micro: 2,394 903 (60.56%)
- GBA SP: 1,8589 (0.48%)
- Gamecube: 1,250 98 (8.51%)
- DS Phat: 380 222 (140.51%)
- GBA: 57 15 (35.71%)
- Xbox: 11 8 (266.67%)
[Source: Media Create]
In addition, we've compiled a list of our least terrible sales charts from the last year (though they only started appearing on Joystiq in July) in a last-ditch effort to inflict their unimaginable pain upon you once more. Thank you for reading!