Well, we're all about to wave 2006 a very fond goodbye, but that doesn't mean we can't take a moment to reflect on all of this year's best (and worst) devices -- the very tech plunder we'll be using well into 2007. Welcome to the third annual Engadget awards!
We've set up 21 categories -- including most of our regular product categories, as well as best and worst gadget of 2006, and the most anticipated gadget of 2007 -- for you to cast your nominations. Here's how nominating works:
- Leave a comment as you normally would with what you're nominating in each category (remember, comments must be validated!).
- Don't include your reasons for nominating it or any of that stuff, just leaving the name is fine.
- Limit your nominations only to devices (or technologies) that were introduced and sold for the first time in 2006 (which means no concept devices or prototypes, although we will allow updated versions of previous products).
- Nominations only need be made once to be in the running, so make a quick scan to see if someone's already beat you to your suggestion (i.e., don't nominate anything more than once!).
- We'll keep the nominations open until 11:59PM EST on Saturday, January 6th
Here are the different categories, please post your nominations on each page!
- Gadget of the Year
- Worst Gadget of the Year
- Most Anticipated Gadget of 2007
- Cellphone of the Year
- Smartphone of the Year
- Desktop of the Year
- Digital Camera of the Year
- Display of the Year
- Game Console of the Year
- GPS Device of the Year
- Handheld of the Year
- HDTV of the Year
- Home Entertainment Device of the Year
- Laptop of the Year
- Peripheral of the Year
- Portable Media Device of the Year
- Robot of the Year
- Storage Device or Technology of the Year
- Tablet PC of the Year
- Wearable Device of the Year
- Wireless Device or Technology of the Year
See also: 2004 and 2005 Engadget Award winners.