Latest in Fire

Image credit:

Cellphone ignites fire, severely burns owner

Ryan Block, @ryan
01.16.07
Share
Tweet
Share
Save

Sponsored Links

We're a bit heavy-hearted to report the news, but it would appear a 59 year old man by the name of Luis Picaso was severely burned when a cellphone in his pocket caught fire and consumed his hotel room. Over half of Luis's body is said to be severely burned; damages to the building totaled over $75,000. Other details are still slim -- like what kind of phone and battery he was using -- but suffice it to say, be careful with your batteries both in the way you use and handle them, as well as the kind you buy. That extra $10 you spend for a first party batt might be worth the cash in the long run (unless it's a Sony, har har).

In this article: fire, mobile
All products recommended by Engadget are selected by our editorial team, independent of our parent company. Some of our stories include affiliate links. If you buy something through one of these links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Share
Tweet
Share
Save

Popular on Engadget

The 2019 Engadget Holiday Gift Guide

The 2019 Engadget Holiday Gift Guide

View
Google Stadia will have 10 more games at launch

Google Stadia will have 10 more games at launch

View
Stanford's new tech-laden hospital includes pill-picking robots

Stanford's new tech-laden hospital includes pill-picking robots

View
Instagram cracks down on app that snoops on private profiles

Instagram cracks down on app that snoops on private profiles

View
Ford’s Mustang Mach-E straddles the world of EVs, SUVs and muscle cars

Ford’s Mustang Mach-E straddles the world of EVs, SUVs and muscle cars

View

From around the web

Page 1Page 1ear iconeye iconFill 23text filevr