You TUAW readers have spoken loud and clear: Transmission is your favorite BitTorrent client. If you're nodding your head right now, you'll be happy to know that v0.8 of the cross-platform app has gone official, ushering in a boatload of new features and fixes for all OSes it works on, as well as some great Mac-only goodies. Before we get to the new stuff, however, I have to echo a warning on the main Transmission page: if you're in the middle of any downloads right now, finish them before upgrading; you could lose data if you jump the gun.
That said, let's talk about the shiny new changes. First up, here are the new feature highlights that everyone can enjoy:
- Ability to selectively download and prioritize files
- Torrent file creation
- Speed and CPU load improvements
- Better rechecking of torrents that have many files
- Overlay when dragging torrent files, URLs, and data files onto window
- Ability to set an amount of time to consider a transfer stalled
- More progress bar colors
- Various smaller interface improvements
- Italian, Korean, and Russian translations
Thanks to everyone who sent this in!