- 23,932 new signups bringing the total to 10,638,600 signups.
- A peak concurrency of 52,793 at 3:45PM, and a minimum concurrency of 25,544 at 1:30AM. Median concurrency for the day was 41,563.
- The Grid Stability Index (
broken link due to a technical issue. See below) for the day was 2.23 (lower is better).
- The Second Life grid suffered from two large-scale failures today. First, part or all of the San Francisco colocation facility went dark, knocking 1,110 Second Life simulators offline. Taking place in the early hours of the morning, there was not as great an impact to users as the ISP services failure suffered through the afternoon.
- OnRez delivered an optional update to their custom Second Life viewer, though this was marred somewhat by a temporary site failure.
Launches never go smoothly, and we've had a bit of a glitch with the Second Life Insider content that we link back to. You see, the RSS feed for SLI was supposed to be redirected over to the Second Life category here on Massively. In a bit of an eleventh hour cock-up, the whole side got redirected back here, breaking the content links we've got back to that site, and comments for posts there and so forth.
The Massively team offers apologies. We're trying to get this fixed up as soon as possible - but it might not be able to be sorted until Monday. We're very sorry for the problem and will restore that site and its content as soon as possible.
[UPDATE: 10:30AM ET - The issue with the broken redirect is sorted out, and older content is now viewable again]