Linden Lab has released the second 1.20 Second Life release candidate viewer. Release candidates start counting from zero, so the first one in the series is RC0.
This release candidate restores the Friends dropdown on the map, disables avatar imposters -- as they're a suspected cause of crashes on nVidia hardware/drivers, fixes SLURLs which were bollixed up, fixes two crash bugs and adds a crash-on-startup bug for Linux users.
Linux users should NOT get this version. To avoid getting a forced upgrade, add --channel skipRC1 to your viewer startup parameters.
- Disabled Avatar Imposters to address suspected cause of increased crashes on nVidia cards
- Allowed disabling of Joystick devices globally and selectively for avatar/build/flycam
- Backed out changes to put the Friends dropdown back on the world map (VWR-6243).
- VWR-5929: Some UI translation texts are ignored because of missing names in XUI files
- VWR-6259: SLURL and secondlife:// links open a second SL viewer
- VWR-6392: Voice Chat Setup doesn't work in Preferences dialog box.
- VWR-6386, VWR- 6384, VWR-6385: Clean up duplicate and malformed sibling names in en-us xml
- Primary clicks toggle flycam with Mighty Mouse
- Logging In screen's Quit button does not exit
- crash on LLUIImageList::onUIImageLoaded
- crash on LLViewerJointMesh::updateFaceData
- Person to Person voice calls UI, volume slider overlaps end call button
- Window opens large, then small, then large on startup
- (potential fix) Runtime Library error after quitting SL
- Restored some missing textures
Open Source changes:
- Added 3DConnexion library export
- Updated llkdu.dll for 1.20 OSS export
Release candidate viewers access your live account on the main Second Life grid (Agni). Potentially they may cause hair-loss in pets, and should be always be kept out of reach of children. The downloads are served by Amazon's S3 service and we use and recommend the use of a download manager to keep your download times to a minimum.
You can download this viewer from the usual place. The download for Windows is 34MB, Mac OSX is 72MB, and Linux users should not download this release candidate.