Epson PowerLite Home Cinema 705HD Offers Big Screen High-Definition Performance for Under $750
Versatile Home Entertainment Projector Delivers High-Quality Movies, Gaming and More
LONG BEACH, Calif., Sept. 17 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ --
Bringing affordable, big-screen home entertainment to households across the country, Epson today announced the new Epson PowerLite(R) Home Cinema 705HD. Available for $749.99, the Home Cinema 705HD joins Epson's award-winning line of 3LCD(TM) home theater projectors, providing families and first-time home theater enthusiasts with a versatile, high-quality 720p high-definition solution for a range of options -- from movies and gaming, to broadcast TV and sports, to videos and music with an Apple(R) iPod. The Home Cinema 705HD is designed to make home entertainment simple and enjoyable, and comes with a variety of consumer-friendly features and performance benefits for enjoying the big screen at home. The projector boasts 2,500 lumens of color and white light output(i) to accommodate movie viewing or game playing in different environments -- even daytime. It also features four pre-set color modes optimized for video, as well as HDMI connectivity and a USB 2.0 connection for sharing photos and slideshows. Featuring Epson's three-chip 3LCD technology and exclusive energy efficient E-TORL(R) lamp, the Home Cinema 705HD delivers bright, movie theater-like images and video with amazing detail and no possibility of color break-up or "rainbow effect." "Whether you're watching your favorite movie with that special someone, or gathering family and friends to cheer on the home town team for the big game, there's nothing like the visual impact of viewing high-definition output on a 120-inch screen at home," said Marge Ang, senior product manager, Epson America. "The Home Cinema 705HD offers that experience to even more consumers with an affordable, easy-to-use, high-quality solution."
More About the Home Cinema 705HD The Home Cinema 705HD
features a sleek, white, compact design that offers a range of options and performance, expanding its versatility for home entertainment needs:
• 3LCD Quality and Reliability - 3LCD technology for incredible color, amazing detail and road-tested reliability with no possibility of color break-up or "rainbow effect"
• Increased Brightness - Movie theater-like images with 2,500 lumens of white and color light output for brightness levels that are among the highest in this home theater category
• Big Screen Performance - Widescreen capability with 720p performance
• Easy Set-up and Installation - Epson Universal Mount and 1.2x optical zoom and Instant On, Instant Off(R) technology allows for no waiting time to start or shut-down projector
• Versatile Connectivity - Component Video, S-Video, HDMI, and USB Type A digital connections to share photos and slideshows
• E-TORL(R) (Epson Twin Optics Reflection Lamp): Provides optimum light uniformity and increased light output for screen sizes larger than ten feet with exclusive 200 watt high efficiency design; uses less energy for up to 5,000 hours of lamp life(ii)
Availability and Support
The Epson Home Cinema 705HD will be available in October through online A/V specialty retailers, select retailers nationwide, and the Epson online store for an estimated street price of $749.99. The projector comes with the service and support only Epson can offer, including a two-year limited warranty with toll-free access to PrivateLine(R), Epson's priority technical support, and free two-business day exchange with ExtraCare(SM) Home Service.
About Epson America
Epson America, Inc. is the U.S. affiliate of Japan-based Seiko Epson Corporation (SEC) and is a leading provider of digital imaging products that exceed the vision of its customers. The company's extensive range of printers, 3LCD projectors and small- and medium-sized LCDs are renowned for their superior quality, functionality, compactness, and energy efficiency. The Seiko-Epson organization is proud of its ongoing contributions to the global environment and was recently added to the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index, an indicator for leading companies in economic, environmental and social criteria. Note: Epson and E-TORL are registered trademarks and Epson Exceed Your Vision is a registered logomark of Seiko Epson Corporation. PrivateLine is a registered trademark of Epson America, Inc. All other product brand names are trademarks and/or registered trademarks of their respective companies. Epson disclaims any and all rights in these trademarks. (i) Light output varies depending on modes (color and white light output). White light output measured using ISO 21118 standard. (ii) Lamp life will vary depending upon mode selected, environmental conditions and usage. Lamp brightness decreases over time.